Monday, November 28, 2011

Baby it's Cold Outside!

With the heat we endured this summer, I wondered if we would actually have a winter this year. Well guess what folks! It's here! I have been in sweats and my favorite fuzzy socks all weekend and I'm loving it!  Yesterday was my mom's birthday. We celebrated with her on Saturday night :) It was the first time all three of us were here together with her for her birthday in a long time. She was, naturally, weepy. But, I don't blame her. I have found myself being extra emotional lately. Partly to do with the holidays...and of course the hormones that I have raging don't help lol!


Our Christmas tree is up. It is absolutely beautiful! We actually put it up last weekend because Jake was supposed to be heading to Oklahoma for work the day after Thanksgiving. But, that has been pushed back (thank you Jesus!) So, now we are preparing for our trip to Midland in few days. My brother and his family plus one...they took Carlisle...left this morning. It has been wonderful getting to spend so much time with them lately!  I'm already missing them. When they came by this morning, Carlisle threw a fit because he thought he was getting out to stay with me. He tried to unbuckle his car seat and started reaching for me and crying. Talk about making someone weepy! I just had to kiss him and walk away. He will be fine...he's just really close to me and he's too young to understand what's going on.  He spent the day with Jake & me yesterday. He LOVED the tree. I, of course, had to watch him like a hawk because he wanted to touch it :) That little boy is a ball of fire...and I adore every bit of his little bad self!


I have so many beautiful wonderful people in my life! It has been 2 years now since my life changed forever. Our first wedding anniversary is coming up in a little less than 2 weeks. WOW! It's hard to believe it's already been a year! But, then again, it seems like we've been married forever :) Not in a bad way at all. I can honestly say this has definitely been the best year of my life! My husband is so loving and giving to me. He truly cherishes me and shows me that every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment