Thursday, August 28, 2014

Five Loaves and 2 Fish

In Luke 9:16 in the Bible, the story of the bread and fish is told. Most of us know this story, but for those who don't...here it is.

 16 Then He took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to heaven, He blessed them, and broke them, and kept giving them to the disciples to set before the people. 17 And they all ate and were satisfied; and the broken pieces which they had left over were picked up, twelve baskets full.

A few weeks ago, we did our final IUI. It was unsuccessful. I don't think that I would have taken the news so hard, if it hadn't been followed with the news we received.  "We've gone as far as we can go. IVF is where we need to go."

I cried. A LOT. I screamed. EVEN MORE. And I yelled at my husband, at my family, and at God.

I was SO MAD. I have prayed. I have thousands of people praying with me and for me. I have done everything I know to do. WHY DOES GOD HATE ME!?!? WHY IS HE PUNISHING ME?!?

I am SO GLAD He forgives my temper tantrums. Because that's literally what I had...complete with laying in the floor and kicking and screaming. Yeah, it was ugly. And, for my sweet husband's sake, I hope I can maintain my composure and never do that again. lol!

My bestie text me and and said she was coming to see me. She always knows when I really just need her to come over. She showed up with a bouquet of flowers...oh how I love her. We went to dinner and she told me that "we" could do this.

How? It seems so huge! There's no way we can come up with $15000.00. We don't have that kind of money!

Well, "we" can't. But God can.

In less than 24 hours, we had over $300 donated to our account. We started selling these bracelets and people got interested.


We decided to have a garage sale. We asked for donations...and I cleaned out my house. We (me and Jake) said we would sell everything we own if that's what it takes. We are going to walk by Faith and show our determination.

This is where the parable above comes in.

When I tell you that we are STILL getting donations for our sales, I am NOT exaggerating. We had SO much stuff that we didn't even know what to do with it. My garage is packed floor to ceiling still and we had a 3 day sale this past weekend at my house.

We raised a grand total of $2900.00 at that sale.

Hello, God. Thank you! Thank you for putting me in my place once again. And Thank you for showing me what You can do with your people.

I have had friends and family donate continuously. We are having another sale on 9/6 in Quitman. Then another one back in Longview on 9/20.

Our account total right now is at almost $6000.00.  Yes. in less than a month, we have raised that much!

I love EACH AND EVERY ONE of you. Jake does too! He is working hard and trying to work extra when he can to help speed up the process. All the proceeds for any cakes I do from beginning to end are going in this account.

This is super exciting and we are getting there quickly! Thank you for reading, praying, and sharing in our journey.

Love, Lori
#teambaby #matthew21:22

No comments:

Post a Comment