Monday, November 24, 2014

Thank you

It's still so strange to me to be able to say, "We are going through IVF right now." I am used to saying, "We are trying to have a baby" or "We are going through fertility treatments" but....IVF?!?! It always seemed so unattainable. The cost...it was just so much.

Nothing is ever too much for God.

Man, has He shown me that over the past few months. I still go back to that day that the nurse called me to tell me my pregnancy test was negative. It was our 4th failed IUI. I remember her saying that we were out of options and that we needed to move forward. I remember the room spinning and me crying and Jacob holding me and me crying some more. I will never forget that moment. I completely gave up. I completely let go. I knew that I had to because I had tried everything on my own. And it wasn't working. (duh) ;)

In less than 3 months, through fundraisers, donations, garage sales, auctions, personal savings, and selling unneeded items, we raised enough to pay cash for our treatment and our medication. We are not in debt. We did not have to take out any loans or anything.

That's big, y'all. Really big. But, I shouldn't have expected anything less. We serve a big God who loves us BIG. He wants to bless us BIG and He has.

There's no amount of thanks that I can voice to show what is on my heart. There are no words that are good enough to be able to express how thankful I am to all of you for being His hands on Earth. But I will try.

Thank you. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for loving us enough to help us. Whether you dropped off items to sell, bought from the sales, donated money, bought t-shirts or bracelets, dropped change in the bottles, filled bottles, participated in the auctions, donated items to be auctioned, hosted parties and donated commission, PRAYED for us, ordered cakes or cupcakes, (I hope I'm not forgetting anything-if I am, I'm sorry!), YOU are a part of this journey. You are special to us and we love you all. We will never ever forget your generosity and thoughtfulness. Ever.

We are in the first days of the meds for ovulation. These are two shots twice a day in my tummy. They don't hurt. And it really wouldn't matter anyway. Like someone told me, "By the time I got to that point, I would have sawed my arm off to become a mommy" I feel the same way. Believe me.

Yesterday while talking to my best friend, we were laughing about something coming up in a couple of months and I said "Well, I'll be pregnant so it will just depend on that."  We both kind of giggled and I said, "Isn't that funny how I said that?! But, you know, I just refuse to accept that this isn't going to work because I know it is. Not because of me, but because of God." And, that's exactly how I feel. This is it. I won't allow myself to have any doubts, because that's not Faith. Faith is believing. And I believe.

I ask that you please join us in fervent prayer that the medications we are taking now will do their job and produce lots of good quality eggs. And, then on December 4 (unless that changes) that we will have a smooth retrieval. I will be posting on facebook when we know the date of the embryo transfer. That day, we will need you all to pray constantly for a good transfer and successful implantation.

We love you.

Baby McAdams is coming. I just know it.

<3

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment