Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sleep...sleep...and more sleep

I'll start off by saying this: I'm too old to stay out shopping all night with no nap to prepare me for it.  That being said, I had a BLAST with my crazy husband and my equally crazy sister-in-law on our Black Friday shopping escapade!

We all sat in the floor of my mother's living room passing around the sale ads and making our list. Courtney had the master list with all the store opening times and items we needed from each store. We borrowed my mom's Tahoe and headed to Wal-Mart (aka HELL) on Thursday night around 8:30.  When we got there, the parking lot was completely full. There were freaking RV's in the parking lot. I couldn't believe it. This was my first rodeo with the Black Friday madness. Boy, was I in for a wild ride!

We scoped out the items that would be released at 10pm and took our positions  throughout the store. Jake & I went one direction and Courtney and my sister Ashley went in another.  (This was Ashley's only store to embark upon, as she had to be at work the next morning.)  Jake & I were about 15-20 feet away from the pallets of XBOX Kinect games. Now, mind you, these games normally go for in excess of $50 and were on sale for $15. Great deal! But, SO not worth the crowd that was around it.  I would say there were 200 people bunched up around these two pallets easily.

When 10pm came, the madness erupted.  People were climbing over each other screaming and yelling. There were fights, things getting torn to shreds...and girl even got her ankle broke. Now, call me crazy, but this girl right here things that's just plain stupid. There's not a game around that is worth all that nonsense. As soon as they started, it was like a riot. I got the heck outta dodge with a quickness.

The next sale release items were not due out until midnight, but we got them early and got out of that store and headed off to our next destination...Target.  Oh my gosh.   There were 5000 people in line at Target.  Seriously?! I was in shock. So, we decided to go down to Kohl's. Same thing there. So, we sat in the parking lot until the door opened and then we went to the back the line (where the nice lady so skillfully pointed to as we were on our way to it. "The line's back there!" she was screaming. Ugh...get a life!)  We finished Kohl's and then went to Target. Waited in line to check out there for close to an hour...then it was off to the mall to wait for their opening.  That was when I got sleepy. As long as I was moving, I was fine. But, when I got still, it was bad.

3am we were in JCPenney's, then down to wait for the other 2 stores to open at 4. Finished those fairly quickly then headed off to wait for Academy to open at 5. Academy went fairly smooth...then completely loaded plus a trampoline for our cousin Darcy, we headed to our final destination. Big Lots...opening at  6 am.  Another fight ensued...two actually...and they both involved the same skinny white girl.

Some people should never leave their house.

Anyway, now my house is full of Disney Princesses that Santa will be taking to Leighton's house on Christmas Eve.  I had a wonderful time laughing with Courtney...mostly at Jake...lol!  However, I have slept almost nonstop since then. That is why I know I am too old.  Next year I will A-not go to WalMart and B-take a nap.

Now, I've got to get to bed...again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment