Thursday, November 7, 2013

One Week

In one week this will all be over.

In one week this cyst will not be in my body anymore.

In one week the one thing that is (potentially) standing between me and motherhood will be history.

One week.

I'm scared to death.

I went to the doctor for my follow up a couple of weeks ago. The cyst had grown...a lot. It grew enough in the short period of time that my doctor was even surprised. He just scratched his head and looked at me.

Then he said the words I never expected to hear: I may have to take your ovary. This could be cancer.

Wait, what?

He then commenced to tell me what my "survival rate" will be if it's this type or if it's that type. He kept saying "if your cancer" this and "if your cancer" that. I stopped him mid-sentence and asked him, "Are you telling me that I have cancer?" He said, "No. But I'll be honest with you. I am worried."

I am not claiming cancer. I am not owning it. I will come out of this surgery with both ovaries in tact and fully functional and cancer free.

That's what my heart says.

But I'm still afraid. Even though I know that fear is not of the Lord. The Lord has not given us a spirit of fear. He says so in His Word.

Please pray for me and especially for my sweet husband.

He is scared too.

Surgery is next Wednesday at 7:30. If you have any questions, Jake will have my phone.

<3
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment