Thursday, January 28, 2016

Psalm 113:9

I remember the day so very clearly so long ago sitting alone in my duplex, missing my husband, staring at the walls...listening to the fan spinning...silence was so very loud. I remember feeling like I just couldn't breathe. Like there was literally something physically keeping my chest from expanding enough to let air into my lungs. I grabbed my devotional and started reading it and then referred to the Bible verse at the end of it. Before I started in The Word, though, I bowed my head...actually, I knelt on my floor right there in my living room and asked God to please bring some peace into my heart. I felt like I was falling apart and I just needed....something. Anything...because NOTHING was filling this gaping hole in my heart and soul that longed to be filled with the sounds of little feet and being called Mommy.

I read the scripture listed but I kept reading...David usually always had something profound to speak of in the Book of Psalm and I just didn't want to stop. Then, I read the words. The words that I have clung to...that I have built my foundation on...the promise that my Heavenly Father gave me right there in my living room that very day, "He settles the barren woman in her home and makes her the happy mother of many children," Wow. I was only asking for one! Many!!??? Oh, Lord, surely that's not possible...not at my age.

Then a while later, I was convicted that I needed to stop asking and start acting. So we "prepared our tent" so to speak. We had two empty bedrooms...a big ol house with a big ol yard and just me and Jake to roam around. Sometimes I thought we were crazy to have bought this house. There's no way we would ever need all this room. It just isn't feasible. Time is ticking and still no baby...we won't ever fill this house up.

God said "Watch this."

January 21, 2016, The State of Texas declared that I am the legal and by all rights the same as the biological mother to my son, Riley Joseph, and my daughters, Roxi Kay and Ramsey Mae for all time.

He settles the barren woman in her home and makes her the HAPPY mother of many children.

Enlarge your house, build an addition. Spread out your home and spare no expense! Isaiah 54:2

For I know the plans that I have for you. Not to harm you but to give you hope for the future Jeremiah 29:11.

Amen.

There is not one second of my day that I don't feel thankful. Even when I am tired and need a shower and have a kid on each hip and another one hollering for whatever reason, I am thankful. I love like I've never loved before. These children have a piece of my heart that was never mine to keep and nobody else could ever have. I have no more emptiness. Just love. Jesus filled me up to overflowing and I just wish that there were words to describe the emotions I feel when I say those words. But there aren't. I look at these babies, MY babies and I literally can't believe He chose me. But oh Lord Praise His Name He DID choose me!

I won't even dare to pretend that every day is sunshine and roses. Parenting is hard. It's hard to have to say no and watch them cry because you have to discipline them. But, I always make sure they know that I love them. And I'm never angry with them. "We all make bad choices...that's part of growing up and learning. Mommy still makes bad choices...just like your learning to be a good girl/boy I'm learning to be a good mommy. We are in this together. We are a team. Never on opposing sides. I'll always be your biggest fan. You have made my life worth living. You have restored my faith. You have given me more joy than you will ever know. And I will love you for all of eternity. You are mine. And I am yours. Forever."

Once again, Jesus has won. Victory has been given.

In the words of Miss Clara on The War Room "Oooohhh Satan you just got your butt WHOOPED!"

Here are the answer to your many prayers...these are my babies,


<3 Lori, mommy of three on Earth and one in Heaven.
daughter of The King
wife to my Prince :)

No comments:

Post a Comment